July 28, 2012
Presenting on Eco Tourism in Fiji
Written by Kirsty Barnby
I did a little presentation to a group students and guests at Daku Resort, Savu Savu, Vanua Levu, Fiji this week.
It was a last minute request and I ended up with a dog as an onscreen companion instead of any fancy slides. (Note to self – make a powerpoint presentation for next time I’m asked!).
- My initial inspiration.
- Why did I make the massive step in the first place?
- Principle around which Island Spirit is based.
- Village life and respecting the culture.
- How eco tourism can easily do more harm than good if not managed properly from the bottom up.
- Challenges being young, white and female!
- Future plans.